This global company is a leader with in the construction materials industry. They are creating the data foundation in the Azure cloud by syncing and harmonizing the data from many cement plants and countries, in parallel to the digital model and optimization tool development. They are looking for an experienced data engineer to help design and implement the data pipelines, and soon also to introduce the machine learning operations tooling. You will be part of a strong team to take on this big technical challenge.
Tasks and Responsibilities:###
- Identify meaningful, reliable and accurate data across a diverse data landscape
- Design and develop new data engineering pipelines with cloud tools and frameworks
- Prepare and accompany the roll-out of our data pipelines and applications by ensuring data availability and consistency in our Data Lake
- Requirement engineering of reporting needs and communication with different stakeholders
- Contribute as a valued team member to testing, debugging, QA, and documentation of data pipelines and systems
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Data Engineering working experience, ideally with Python
- 5+ years experience with one of the general-purpose languages: C#, Python, Java, Scala etc
- Fluency in SQL and relational DB systems (PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
- Experience with big data technology stack, for example, Spark, Delta Tables, etc.
Nice to have:###
- Experience with data warehousing, infrastructure, ETL/ ELT and analytic tools such as Azure Synapse or Databricks
- Experience with multiple Big Data file formats (Parquet, Avro, Delta Lake)
- Experience with time-series databases and streaming data processing
- Proficiency with PySpark
- Proficiency with .Net
- Experience setting up MLOps processes and a machine learning model registry
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines on Gitlab
- Some experience with Terraform and k8s
At Proxify, we welcome everyone to apply. We want people that rigorously match the job description, but we also place high value on resilience, passion, honesty and diversity. At Proxify, we welcome all sorts of backgrounds, life experience and points of view. Join us!